The trader undertakes to protect the confidentiality of personal data and the privacy of the users of the online shop. The Merchant will use the personal data collected solely for the purpose of providing the services offered by the Merchant. The Merchant respects the confidentiality of personal data and the privacy of the users of the online shop and will take all necessary measures to protect them from any breach and abuse. The personal data of users is one of the areas to which the Merchant pays the utmost care and attention, as it is aware of the sensitive nature of this area.
- Use of personal data
For the purpose of providing the services offered by the Merchant, the Merchant collects, manages, processes and stores the following User Data:
– name and surname;
– delivery addresses;
– company or legal entity name (if the User is a legal entity);
– the tax number of the legal entity (if the user is a legal entity);
– e-mail address (username);
– password in encrypted form;
– a contact telephone number;
– country of residence;
– other information that the user voluntarily enters in the forms in the online shop;
– other information that the user voluntarily adds subsequently to his/her profile.
The Trader shall not be liable for the correctness, completeness and up-to-dateness of the data entered by the Users.
- Cookies and IP addresses
At the beginning of each use of the online shop, the Trader assigns each user a cookie for identification, monitoring of the shopping basket and traceability purposes (so-called “cookie”), which is stored in the server’s memory only for the duration of the visit to the online shop and is deleted after 24 hours of inactivity. The retailer may also store on the user’s personal computer certain persistent cookies, such as the user’s identification number in encrypted form for identification the next time the user visits the online shop or the product ratings, which let the user know which products have already been rated, and, indirectly, cookies from the external service Google Analytics, which are used to analyse visits to the website. The trader may use this data in an anonymised aggregated form for statistical analysis purposes. For the purposes of ensuring online security, the Trader also collects the IP addresses from which users access the online shop.
The trader can use the online shop with plugins for portals such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and YouTube. The content of the plug-in is sent directly from the respective provider to the browser and integrated on the website. By integrating plug-ins, service providers receive information that the user’s browser has opened the relevant page, even if the user does not have a profile or is not currently logged in. If the user is logged in to one of the services, the operators of those portals can transfer the user’s visit to the online shop to the user’s profile on those portals. In the case of interaction with plug-ins, information about these interactions is also sent directly to the servers of the providers of those services and stored there. The purpose and scope of the data collection, the further processing and use of the data by the providers, as well as the corresponding rights and settings options regarding privacy protection can be found in the data protection information on the pages of the aforementioned web portals. In order to prevent the data collected via the above-mentioned plug-ins from being linked to the user profile of a particular service, the user may log out of the service before visiting that website.
Most internet browsers have a default storage of cookies. You can delete or disable cookies completely using the settings in your browser. This allows you to set restrictions on the use and deletion of cookies. In the help function of most browsers you will find instructions on how to make these settings. If you disable cookies completely, you may not be able to use some of the functionality on the website or shop.
- Declaration on the protection of the confidentiality of personal data and the privacy of users
The trader is obliged to protect the personal data of the users of its online shop in accordance with the regulations governing the protection of personal data. Under no circumstances will the Merchant disclose the personal or other data of the User to a third party without the User’s express permission, or allow a third party to access the personal or other data of the User, unless required to do so by the public authorities, if such an obligation is provided for by law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary for legal proceedings before the courts or other public authorities and for the protection and pursuit of the Merchant’s legitimate interests.
All personal and other data provided by the user when logging in to the online shop, as well as when ordering the purchase of products, including the content of orders, will be protected in accordance with the regulations governing the protection of personal data. The trader will not use this information for any purpose that would in any way harm the user or any other person involved. The trader cannot process the data for the purpose of carrying out marketing activities if the data subject objects to this. The trader may use the collected e-mail addresses to inform you about news and benefits (data scope: e-mail address only). The trader may use the data in anonymised aggregated form for statistical analysis purposes. The confidentiality of personal and other data of Users will not be violated in any form.
The Trader will only entrust the delivery service (e.g. Post of Slovenia, DHL, UPS, etc.) with the necessary information for the delivery of the products purchased in the online shop (recipient’s details and delivery address). The Merchant will contact the User by e-mail if this is necessary for the completion of the purchase in the online shop, and by telephone only if there are problems during the registration or purchase process in the online shop.
All persons employed by the Merchant on a full-time or part-time basis who have access to the personal and other data of Users are aware of the duty to protect the confidentiality of personal and other data and are obliged to comply with these provisions on the protection of the confidentiality of personal data and the privacy of users of the Online Shop. The obligation to protect personal and other data shall apply indefinitely, even after the termination of the relationship with the Trader.
- Personal Data Protection Policy
We treat your personal data in accordance with the law, securely, fairly and transparently for you. We take our responsibility seriously and are aware of it because you have entrusted us with your personal data. Below is all the key information regarding the processing of your data, our obligations and your rights.
PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER
Data controller: Lou&co. dog design, Marija Baraga s.p.
Address: Jakčeva ulica 36, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
PURPOSES OF DATA PROCESSING
We process personal data for the following purposes and in accordance with one of the six possible legal bases (consent, conclusion or performance of a contract, legal obligations, protection of the vital interests of the data subject, tasks carried out in the public interest, legitimate interests of the controller or of third parties), and for the specified period of time when this is necessary.
Purpose of processing
Legal basis for processing
Time limit for processing
Conclusion and performance of a contractual relationship
Purpose of processing: Conclusion of a cooperation contract, purchase of products, etc.
Legal basis for processing: Applicable laws in the field of obligations, enforcement, taxes, etc. Conclusion or performance of a valid contract
Time limit for processing: throughout the contractual relationship and for a period of 5 years after its termination
Demands for products and services
Purpose of processing: Enquiries, additional information, orders for products and services
Legal basis for processing: Conclusion or performance of a contract
Time limit for processing: throughout the contractual relationship and for 10 years after completion
News, updates, promotions and offers
Purpose of processing:Notices about our business, news and benefits for you, promotions you can take advantage of and similar
Legal basis for processing: consent of the individual
Time limit for processing: until the consent is withdrawn
Purpose of processing: Participation in surveys, questionnaires and other tools we use to get to know you better and to offer you the best
Legal basis for processing: consent from the individual
Time limit for processing: to withdraw consent
Participation in prize draws
Purpose of processing: notifications about prize draws, identification of participants and winners and similar
Legal basis for processing: consent of the individual for prize winners also applicable tax legislation
Time limit for processing: to withdraw consent, for prize winners also in accordance with tax legislation
Wherever the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you always have the possibility to change or withdraw that consent and to decide in advance otherwise with regard to your personal data. A specific form is available to you for this purpose.
With rare exceptions (criminal offences, misdemeanours, requests by public authorities and justified legal claims by third parties), processing is not based on legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA
In order to ensure that you can conclude and perform a contract in a satisfactory manner, we process different types of personal data.
Identification and contact details, preferences, requests, consents, enquiries, purchase details, package details, written, telephone or personal contact
details of the individual publicly available sources, own records
Information on contractual relationship
Contract and annex data, data on responses to enquiries, payment data, order data, data on possible legal remedies
details of the individual publicly available sources, own records
USERS OF PERSONAL DATA
We use personal data in our company as a controller and, in certain cases, we pass it on to our contract processors, who are committed to strict data protection.
If you have chosen to participate in one of our sweepstakes or communication campaigns, we will also provide personal data to the selected partner in that sweepstakes or communication campaign (suppliers of various merchandise) for the purposes of that sweepstakes or communication campaign.
TRANSFER OF DATA TO THIRD COUNTRIES OR INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATIONS
Personal data is not transferred to a third country (a country outside the European Union) or international organisations.
Our company operates entirely digitally, but all decisions relating to contractual relationships and other decisions with legal or related effects are made by our employees with appropriate IT support.
The Constitution of the Republic of Slovenia and applicable European and Slovenian regulations guarantee you a number of rights regarding privacy and the protection of personal data, including in particular the following:
– the right to be informed about the processing of your personal data (the text you are reading is part of the exercise of this right);
– the right of access to personal data means that you have the right to obtain confirmation from us, as the controller, as to whether personal data relating to you are being processed and, where this is the case, access to these personal data and to additional information (purposes of processing, types of data, data users, storage period, existence of rights and possibilities of complaint, sources of data, possible automated decision-making or specific profiling);
– the right to rectification means that you have the right to have inaccurate personal data concerning you rectified by us as the controller without undue delay; taking into account the purposes of the processing, you also have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by submitting a supplementary declaration;
– the right to erasure, also referred to as the “right to be forgotten”, means that you have the right to obtain, as the controller, the erasure of personal data relating to you without undue delay, if the prescribed conditions are fulfilled (processing is no longer necessary, withdrawal of consent and no other legal basis, reasoned objection, unlawful processing, erasure is required by applicable law, etc.);
– the right to restriction of processing means the right to obtain from us, as the controller, the restriction of the processing of your data where you contest the accuracy of the data or have lodged an objection or where the processing is unlawful or where the processing is no longer necessary for the controller but for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
– the right to data portability means the right to receive personal data relating to you that you have provided to us as controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit that data to another controller without any hindrance to you (applies to data processed by automated means on the basis of consent or a contractual relationship);
– the right to object means that you can object at any time to certain types of processing of your personal data (public interest, legitimate interests of the controller, marketing purposes) and we must demonstrate legitimate interests for the processing or stop the processing (always in the case of marketing);
– the rights concerning automated processing and profiling mean that you are not subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which has legal or similar effects concerning you, unless it is strictly necessary, mandatory or you consent to it.
We will be happy to assist you in exercising any of your rights, or in obtaining further information or clarifying any dilemmas, by e-mail: email@example.com.
- Further clarifications
If you believe that your rights or data protection regulations have been violated, you may complain to the competent government authority. In Slovenia, this is the Information Commissioner of the Republic of Slovenia (Zaloška 59, 1000 Ljubljana, telephone: 01 230 97 30, fax: 01 230 97 78, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).